Over the last few years I have struggled with a few health problems.
When I was a teenager I hurt my back by falling down the stairs a
few times. Ever since my back pain flares up off and on.In the fall of 2008 I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. For me this diagnoses was in a way a bit of a relief in a strange way. I finally had an reason for all my body pain and aches, fatigue ect.For the past 3 years I think I have been hiding behind my fibromyalgia. However, when you have a condition like this it is really easy to do that. You are reminded everyday by your pain. It was starting to get to the point of becoming a part of my identity which I know is not a good thing.
A few weeks ago I went to a new chiropractor because I was having some strange arm pain that my doctor or physical therapist couldn’t help me with. The chiropractor took x-rays and did a nerve scan of my spine.I discovered that I do not have fibromyalgia. The doctor says I have a very messed up back. All but one of my vertebra has a nerve problem which would lead to fibromyalgia like symptoms. On the x-ray the doctor showed me my head is thrusting forward and sitting properly with my neck which are a cause of my headaches.
SO this is great news because I can get better from this. I just have to be treated by a chiropractor for a few months and should be feeling much better.I have already been feeling a little better by getting the diagnoses of fibromyalgia out of my head.So now I know why I’m in pain a lot. The next step is to figure out the cause of my fatigue and a few other issues. So next week I am going to be going to a really good naturopath doctor that has been helping my mom a lot. He does extensive tests that traditional doctor wouldn’t normal do. I’m really excited that someone could finally help me.
The thought of not having pain or not getting drained so quickly
is exciting. I want to be the best me I can possibly be, for myself
and for my husband and future children. I want to be a strong and
healthy mother to my children. I want to live my life to the very
fullest and not be stuck at home.
The next few months will hopefully bring lots of great changes to my life with health.
6 comments:
really glad for you, Emmy. I know what chronic pain does to your heart and mind, besides your body. I am so glad you are on the road to recovery! Take back your life!
that was from me, Paige. :)
I'm excited for you too. It won't be long and you'll be feeling so much better.
So happy for you Em!
Thank God!
Hope things will get better for you!!!
Check out my blog sometimes when you get a chance. If you like my writing and what’s on there become my follower!
http://lifemadness-linhy.blogspot.com
Good luck. I understand how you feel.
Post a Comment