Monday, June 4, 2012

Dreams and goodbyes


    Over the past few years I have been reminded way too often that life can be so short. It’s so important to tell the ones you love that you love them.  If you have dreams try to make them happen, because you never know when your time is up.
             This morning I was reminded of this again . Alex’s aunt passed away this morning from cancer. She was only in her mid 50’s.   Then yesterday I read a great blog post about how to make you dreams a reality. It’s so easy to have dreams but it’s a different story entirely for you make them come true. I am a big dreamer. I have my big dreams that I know may not come true.I would like owning one of the million dollar homes that  I like to look at online,  I have my smaller dreams that would be truly amazing and fulfilling to accomplish.   I’m going to be working on some of my dreams again. 
        A week ago I wrote Alex’s aunt and told her my goodbyes and  she wrote me back very quickly and told me she wish she could gotten to know me better but she knows that I am the perfect match for Alex. She also said that she always wanted to live close to family. This has made me think a lot about what I want and how important family is to me. Alex and I would like to have children in the few next years and I want my children to know their family. I want them to know or at least be around their great-grandparents while they are still with us. Of course I want them to know cousins and aunts and uncles too.  I don’t know what will happen in the next few years for Alex and I. Where we will land and get some roots, but I do know that I will be working harder on making some dreams comes true for myself.

Here is a link to the blog post about dreams


                                                         Emily

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dreams are good. Family is important. Our life together is priceless.

Julie Ann Duris said...

Beautiful post,Emmy.
I love your perspective.

Courtney said...

So sorry to hear about Alex's aunt. :(

Paul Duris said...

Beautiful words. I like your blog, Emily. Keep it up.