Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Learning to be me again


In the past year I have written little to no personal post on this little blog of mine. Every post has been about my darling baby boy; which is not far from what my daily life is like. I pressed the pause button on pretty much everything that I personally love to do with my time.  Babies are very good at consuming every moment of your day. When I finally have a few minutes to do what I want it usually involves a long shower or a trip to Target and Starbucks.
It has been nearly 10 months of me being a mom and I feel like in some ways I have lost myself. I’m trying so hard to learn how to be Mom,wife and me. Wearing 3 hats has been much more difficult than I expected it to be.  I’m in this gray area where I know who I use to be and I know who I want to become. I feel stuck. Becoming a parent changed me more than I could have ever imagined.  My view of the world changed in the moment I laid my eyes on my bundle of joy. That little person depends on you to survive. As a mom I have become even more sensitive to good and bad in the world. I honestly don’t know much about what is happening in the world because I’m hyper sensitive to the news right now and I get very upset easily. So I made the decision to take a break from the news for now.     
I have challenged myself to go on a little hunt.  Will you go on this little journey with me? It is about ‘Who is Emily Nichole?’ I want to rediscover things I once loved and learn how to incorporate them in my current life style. I will work harder at writing more personal posts. I will post things that I am discovering and rediscovering. Goals and dreams I have for myself will also be posted.  I hope you join me on my path to rediscovery. If you are a mom and you have dealt with how I am feeling tell me your story. How did you deal with being a mom and staying true to yourself?   

2 comments:

Mindy M Gray said...

Amen. I think all moms fight this battle. I wish I had something wise to share, but I'm right in it too. Looking forward to following your journey!!

Lydia said...

I love it! Going on a hunt is a great idea! Just setting out to find the answer you are seeking is a huge step! love you!