Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Elliott is 1!



The drink and cupcake table at E's party
It’s so crazy that my little guy is now 12 months old! Elliott is a very busy little boy. He loves to play outside and he gets so excited when daddy comes home. He got his second top tooth this past month and it looks like another one will be coming in soon. Elliott now sleeps 11 to 13 hours straight at night. Hallelujah! His favorite foods are cheerios, pasta and pretty much any fruit. His favorite book is Where’s Spot?. In the week before he turned one he started to make new facial expressions. He will now give us the stink eye when he isn't pleased with us. It’s really funny. Elliott loves to give hugs to kids his size. It’s very cute. He also finger painted for the first time this past month. He seemed to really enjoy it. I think we have little Picasso on our hands. Elliott is now 19.5 lbs ans 29.5 inches tall.


   The weekend before Elliott turned one we had his birthday party at my parents house in Troutdale. It was The Very Hungry Caterpillar themed.  We set up a ball pit and Elliott’s new circus tent that he got from Nana and Grandpa (my parents) for kids to play in. We made garlands with hand painted dots to look like the dots in the book and we hung the monthly photos that I’ve taken of Elliott 
to show everyone how much he’s grown.  It was a very cute party. Elliott got a little overwhelmed with all the people. He got very clingy and shy. When it came to gifts he of course liked the wrapping more than the actual gifts. I made funfetti cupcakes with whipped cream frosting . Elliott didn’t smash into the cupcake. He played with frosting and even gave me some to try. Once he tried the cake I think he was pretty neutral about it. I’m not sure if he is going to be big on sweets just like his dad. I think the party was a success. But I won’t have another big party like that for a while. We were all exhausted by the end.




Hand painted dots my mom made

Elliott's monthly photos for everyone to see house much he's changed 

Elliott eating a cupcake for the first time


Elliott finger painting for the first time


Out to lunch with daddy on E's Birthday

finger painting again

Hanging out at Alki beach on daddy's birthday

A good look at all of E's new teeth
Elliott loves the tent he got from Nana and Grandpa
Exploring the outdoors with his best pal Kermit 

                                    

Elliott giving the stink eye as I'm taking his 12 month photo




No comments: