Thursday, August 28, 2008

Before the rooster crows

Why is it that an artist gets inspired in the middle of the night? I can’t sleep tonight because of my sudden inspiration to go take pictures. I did take a few pictures of my rings. I think they came out really well. I wish I could show them to you but my new laptop won’t let me upload anything at the moment. It’s quite frustrating…

The reason for my inspiration is I was looking at some other photographers work. Some not so great others I wish I could take picture like them. So I was wondering if other photographers look at my work and wish they could take a picture like me. Do I inspire people? But the reality of it is that no one can take a picture like another person. A photo is a glimpse of the why the photographer views the world. So no one picture is ever the same. They can be similar, but never the same. I think that’s why I love photography so much. But I guess this would only apply to a good photographer. Not a person who cut heads of in pictures.

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I wish I could take photos like you.
I'm not saying that because I'm your cousin and I love you (although I do). I think I admire your skills because they do manage to reflect the way I see the world much of the time. Many of the photos I take are similar in composition, but you have technical skills that I don't.
It's strange, I think, that what might take one person's breath away won't affect another. It's not even necessarily that we've experienced the scene or have a personal connection to the subject. It's more about our emotions and some sort of gut instinct.

Julie Ann Duris said...

The photos I love the most that you have taken are because they trigger a good memory, song or feeling in me. You did a great job explaining your viewpoint.