Monday, March 16, 2009

Sydney Kidney Sue Duris

I was blesses for 10.5 years with an amazing dog. She is everything I could ever wanted in a dog.
Growing up I had always wanted a dog. I use to beg and plead but my parents wouldn’t give in. So finally when I was 11 years old I started to do massive amounts of research about dog. I use research breeds and what breeds would be compatible with our family. I was determined to get that dog. So finally when I was done with my research I did my presentation for my parents. I had charts and pictures and had firm points but they still would not give in. Till at the very last minute I remember a story my dad had told me about when he finally got his dog as a little boy. So I retold the story for my dad of his much wanted puppy and how he got the dog when he moved to a new house. Luckily we had just moved a few years before so I could use this story for a point in my presentation. Of course it worked. We picked Sydney out the day before thanksgiving in 1998. I loved Sydney from the moment I saw her. That next day when we went around the table and said what we were thankful for I was overjoyed that I got a puppy.
She was so smart. They day we got her I started to teach her tricks.
Its so amazing how much you can love a dog. How much they really become a part of the family. I never realize how much I really looked forward to seeing her when I got home. Even if she didn’t come a greet me at the door. I love seeing her. She was a really good dog.
The past few months She started to get sick. And for the past few weeks she went down hill very fast. We knew it was time to let her go. She was in a lot pain and we couldn’t see her like that any longer. We have some very good memories with her. We will all miss her very much


goodbye Sydney
I loved you so much


















2 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm so sorry Em. It really is amazing how much you can love a dog. And Sydney was a really really good dog. The photos are beautiful.

calidreamingbeach said...

I agree a dog can bring lots of life and laughter into your life. I miss my Lucky Charms everyday. The summer we were in Anaheim was the time they put him down. 15 1/2 years of love. I love that dog.