Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The dice of life

I am the type of person who is a planner. I plan everything down to the tiniest of details. But one thing I have learned about this trait is that it's a good thing but also can be very destructive to your life. When all you are doing is planning for the future you can't really live for the now. It becomes very hard to flex when something happens unexpectedly.
So now I have decided to live for the now and not think so much about the future. I will still hope and dream about my life but not hyper focus on things I really can't always control. I am now putting my life in Gods hands. I know that I will go someplace in life and that I have friends and family that love me. So the rest is in his hands. He can now hold to dice to my life.

3 comments:

Julie Ann Duris said...

Very well said...and I'm glad you said it.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lydia said...

Great post Em!
Day by day--that is totally the way we have to live! I'm always having to remind myself of it.