Being able to do this half marathon and finish it was a huge thing for me. Finishing was more then just walking 13.1 miles. Its was breaking down a big wall in my life. I have been someone who gives up easily. when things get rough i stop and walk away. So in the past I wouldn't of finished or even started a half marathon. I truly showed myself that I am a lot stronger then I give myself credit for.
I am now want to do more walking. I think I will do a 10k this summer and a half marathon in September. I had my amazing husband cheer me on the whole way and take care of me after when I had a aching feet and legs. I couldn't of done it without my hubby.
I walked in a group of ladies in my family. Are team name was yamomagirls. It was so fun when people would yell from the sidelines " Go yamomagirls!" I walked with two aunts, my grandma a cousin and my mom. It was very fun doing this with them. I'm so proud of my mom for doing the half marathon. Her hip started hurting her around mile 4 or 5. But she kept going.
I just love it when you can prove yourself you can do something.
life is goood

4 comments:
You did great, I was so proud of you!
Wow! You and your mom did it! I am so proud of you both. Your mom was telling me how hard she was working on her walking to be able to do this! Love the team name and the colors! The pics are awesome, too! It's amazing what you can accomplish when you set your mind to something! Then it's like ok, I did this, what's next?? Keep dreaming, keep reaching! Love ya!
Awesome! I'm glad that you did this and that it shows you how much you are capable of.
I am so proud of all of us! I hope we can make walking like this a regular tradition.
Post a Comment