Friday, October 21, 2011

Hair dye may make you die

              This morning when I was on facebook I saw a blog post from make up artist Kandee Johnson about hair dye killing you. I had never heard of this happening before but after reading her post it opened my eyes. I dye my hair all the time. So I'm going to be much more careful about the brands i buy or find a salon who uses the right brands.

  Here is the link to the post
http://www.kandeej.com/2011/10/warning-your-hair-dye-can-kill-you.html
 This is a comment someone posted under kandee's post...scary!

I just have to comment on this post. One night I decided to color my hair. I saw a girl on Youtube give a tutorial on how to go from (dark) hair to (bleach) blonde hair in one night! I even think that was the title of the video...so it consisted of a person going to Sally Beauty Supply and getting like 6 different hair dyes and also the grocery store/Wal-Mart. I went and got all my stuff and my husband worked an overnight shift that night, so I was alone with my 4 year old. I put her to bed, and I started the process. About two hours in the process of dying my hair all of these colors (through the stages of this tutorial) I started to feel a little weird. Oh well, I continued to move on. My husband got home about 2:00 a.m that morning from working his shift and noticed me not looking so well (besides the crazy mess on my head.) I told him I felt weird and within minutes, I started to lose consciousness and I felt REALLY ill. I then started feeling like I was LITERALLY dying! I told him to call the ambulance!!! I was barely breathing, shivering, barely with it and I remember telling myself that I had to keep it together until we got to the hospital...yes I felt like this would be it! I couldn't even walk, so he threw me over his shoulder, I had no shoes, barely any clothes on and my hair still had dye in it...it was all a mess. I couldn't believe this, was I dying, was it the hair dye?! YES and YES - I was rushed to the E.R...long story short, I am lucky I went in! I am lucky I made it in, and I am lucky my husband came home that night when he did. Ladies, this is VERY serious, and it CAN kill you, it almost killed me - SERIOUSLY!!! I was so scared yet happy when I saw Kandee post this, because it is SO unheard of. You think they wouldn't be able to sell something that could kill you right?! Well, look at cigarettes, same theory! Thanks Kandee for sharing, please ladies...if you have blogs, Facebook or any social media account - please spread the word. It is real, it is dangerous and I have dyed my hair hundreds of times and it happened to me! TRUE STORY, I AM ONLY 28 YEARS OLD...IMAGINE IF IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN MY LIFE = (




I just want you all to think twice before putting dye on your lovely locks! Just check the box!

No comments: