Friday, October 25, 2013

Elliott is 4 months old



Elliott is now just over 4 months old. Everyday I can see more and more of his personality. I think he is going to be a big ham. He comes from a long line of goofy guys, so I’m not too surprised.  


Elliott skypeing with Auntie lydi
This past month Elliott has started sleeping in his own room in his new crib. He transitioned beautifully. We have an angelcare baby monitor that has a  sensor pad that goes under the mattress that detects all of Elliott's movements.  An alarm sounds after 20 seconds if no movement is detected; such as breathing. It made the transition easier for me. I think I had a harder time with him being in his own room then he did.
 
Little man has started to laugh! It is the cutest thing. It’s a hit and miss on what he finds amusing. One day he thinks his arm getting stuck in his sleeve while i'm changing him is funny and the next day he laughs at a red pillow. His big smile and dimples melt my heart everytime. He is just so cute!  

Elliott taking a nap with
 beloved Mickey
In the last few weeks Elliott has started to roll onto his tummy.  One morning I went in his room to get him and he was on his tummy. It’s so crazy how fast he is changing. He is not a big fan of being on his tummy at night. So as soon as he rolls on his tummy he cries and I have to go in his room and roll him back over. By the time I get back to my room he is already rolled back onto his tummy. I have started only rolling him back over once or twice a night because if I came to the rescue every time I would be in his room 20 times a night! We are working with him to be able to roll back onto his back.

This past month Elliott was dedicated by my dad. We had the dedication in Gresham at the church my dad is on staff at. It is also the church I grew up at and was dedicated in. We really didn't tell many people about it. We wanted to keep it small.  In the middle of the dedication Elliott looked at his grandpa and gave him a big smile. It was so sweet.  

Elliott is in the middle of teething and I think a growth spurt. The other night he woke up screaming bloody murder. I could tell he wanted to eat but he refused to breastfeed. After 45 minutes of this intense meltdown Alex made up a bottle of formula. Sure enough he was hungry. He chugged down the 2 oz and then I was able to breastfeed him. Only two hours later he woke up again screaming. I ended up giving him more formula then he breastfed. The next night he was fine. So I’m not sure if he was crying over teething or maybe was hurting from growing? I’m just happy it was only one night. That kind of crying really drains me fast. Other then that night he is a pretty good sleeper. Most of the time he will wake up once in the early morning to eat and then falls back to sleep.  I look forward to when he completely sleeps through the night.




3 comments:

Lydia said...

Congratulations on having the most adorable 4 mo. old!

Alex said...

:-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, Emily. Great way to record the journey of Elliott. An "ebaby book". You're such a good mom.