A funny thing happened today. Me and my Mom and Dad went downtown to go to Camera World. So we go park and we stop at the corner to cross the street and there is my uncle Dan and my cousin’s boyfriend Barry. Now, I don’t go downtown that often any more and my parents rarely go downtown, plus Dan lives in Eugene and Barry lives in New Orleans. So the chances of this happening are slim to none. I guess my cousin Kirsten and Barry flew in that morning and went downtown to go to a shoe sale at Nordstroms. Kirsten
went to the sale with her mom, Barb. She got some cute shoes (I loved the red ones, Kirsten). After I went to Camera World we met up with them and then got something to drink. It was really good to see her and it was a nice surprise. I didn’t even know she was coming back to Oregon.
The days keep on passing by so fast and bring the day I move closer. Today I realized how soon I move. I have some much to do in only two weeks. I still don’t have a job or a place to live and I have to finish 7 lessons in my class. I really haven’t started packing and I have a lot of people to see and say goodbye to. I know it will all get done but it still can be stressful.
Tonight my date of moving moved yet again. I will now be moving on September 15th. Caleb is flying in the 14th and then we take off early the next morning. I’m really excited to move and make my own way in life but I’m nervous. I know it normal to be nervous moving away from home and be on my very own. I just keep on thinking about how I will be close to Caleb and how long I have been looking forward to this move. I’ll be fine.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Random thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hi Emily.........
I know you're not giving up your dream by going to Nevada. You will discover opportunities and rise to the challenge that life brings you each day. I believe you have everything it takes to succeed any place you go. I like Caleb. I think he is good man.
Love.........Dad
It was fantastic to see you too! I knew that there was a reason our plane was delayed...otherwise we wouldn't have ran into y'all cause we would've been in Hillsboro.
As for the moving, I respect your decision. I asked questions, you answered, I think you have wonderful reasons and I of all people know what it's like to be away from the person you love. Just remember that there will be hard days, and that you have lots of people you can talk to on those days. Just because we're far away in miles doesn't mean that we're not there for you.
Love ya cousin!
Glad you had an opportunity to #1 See Kirsten and #2 Get some beach sand between your toes.
We believe in you. We are excited for your adventure. We feel that if we didn't ask about your moving away that we wouldn't be doing your job as auntie and uncle. But know that we love you and want to the best for you! You will do great at whatever you put your mind to.
Seek out the Lord. Find a church ASAP and keep serving people. You are very good at that.
Love you! AA
Post a Comment