Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Fall and missing home

Fall here is so much different then an Oregon fall. We have changing leafs and freezing nights but I miss the colors of a Oregon Fall. Here the leafs are only yellow and brown. Its still pretty but not the same. During the day I can still walk around without a jacket on. I deferentially don't miss the wind. But do miss the smell of fall you have in Portland. Its almost like you can smell winter coming and I love that smell. Here its nice in the day with blue sky's and nights in the 20's. I miss the rain too. Last week it rained here and I was running around the house I was so excited. But people here drive retarded in the rain. They don 't ever get rain so why would they know how to drive in it. I try to get the taste of home by going to Starbucks. But the Starbuck here is awful. They are sooooooo slow and they don't alway know what I'm ordering...PLUS they don't have the breakfast sandwiches. I don't know why.

I miss home



3 comments:

Kirsten said...

me too.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture!

AMY said...

We miss you too.

I know the smell you are talking about. I love it too.