Friday, June 27, 2008

Should I stay or go

In the past month I have been here things haven’t gone very smooth. It’s not like I was really expecting everything to be perfect, But at least better then they have been. I’m not going to sit here and complain. I’m simply going to be laying out the facts about what has happened.

When I started the program everything was great. I went to all the group-training classes and enjoyed them. At the end the classes we were given the day we were going to start training for are individual jobs. All my friends were starting within days mine was in a week in a half. I was able to get trained a little sooner but not by much. So after that I ended up hurting myself on the first day of training. But I did finish training for entertainment costuming. As I was being transfused I wasn’t allowed to work. So I sat around my apartment for a weeks and a half. I then got my transfer to ticket taking. That took 3 days to train for. But on the first day of training I had to go to cast health due to almost fainting from the heat. Then yet again on my first solo day in ticket taking I almost fainted due to heat and was sent home early. I was told not to go to work the next day. So I didn’t go to work like I was told and then that night when to the ER.

I went to the ER for almost blacking out and my arm was going numb and sharp pain shooting up it. After being in the ER I found out I have high blood pressure and two infections. I wasn’t able to work the next few days due to dizziness from the high blood pressure. Then on Tuesday I went to a doctor in Anaheim for the blood pressure. She didn’t help me at all. She just made me mad. So I told my mom and I flew home that night.

Because of my age I shouldn’t have high blood pressure and so I needed to find the underlining problem. So I got into Portland at 9:30 and it felt so good to be home. The next day was my dads birthday. So it was a good thing to come home but I didn’t spend it with him, I was seeing my own doctor and getting all kinds of tests done. And now skipping a day I have a new illness on top of the other medical problems. I have a sore throat things going on and I was sent home early from work for it. I also went to urgent care where the doctor was rude to me, So I don’t find out what my new found sickness is till Monday. I also get to stay home sick yet again.

I have been here a little over a month and have worked 13 days. I have been sick or injured 80% of the time I have been here. My friends down here feel sorry for me and my college program leader told me I have bad luck. I’m tired of all of it. I know everyone is so proud of me for do this internship but I can’t help but want to leave it all be hide me. I have been trying hard at doing my best but it’s hard to do when you’re sick or injured. I feel like I’m cured. I feel like a disappointment to everyone. Almost everything I touch turns to coil. I really don’t know what to do. I could get kick out of the program for not have worked enough hours for the internship, or just because I have called in sick so many times now. I think I may talk to the college program people about if I should continue or not. I really haven’t been getting what I need to be getting out of the program.

I’m really not sure of anything at this point. But I have a poll for you. Please let me know what you think.





Should Emily stay or go
Should I stay or Should I go
Emily should stay at Disney.
Emily should go back to Portland and get well.










No comments: