Tuesday, June 22, 2010

......

Today once again I find myself a little beaten down by life. The past year and a half has been a bit of a roller coaster. I have been tiring so hard to be a good wife,Auntie,friend etc. But then something always seams push me down. I'm so sick of it. But then i have to remember all of the things and people that i am so thankful for. So I have made a list of the people i am thankful for.
(they aren't in any order of least to greatest)

1. On Sunday Alex I were told to read Psalms 71 when we were having a difficult morning. It was the perfect passage for us. Here it is:
Psalm 71

1 O Lord, I have come to you for protection;
don’t let me be disgraced.
2 Save me and rescue me,
for you do what is right.
Turn your ear to listen to me,
and set me free.
3 Be my rock of safety
where I can always hide.
Give the order to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
4 My God, rescue me from the power of the wicked,
from the clutches of cruel oppressors.
5 O Lord, you alone are my hope.
I’ve trusted you, O Lord, from childhood.
6 Yes, you have been with me from birth;
from my mother’s womb you have cared for me.
No wonder I am always praising you!

7 My life is an example to many,
because you have been my strength and protection.
8 That is why I can never stop praising you;
I declare your glory all day long.
9 And now, in my old age, don’t set me aside.
Don’t abandon me when my strength is failing.
10 For my enemies are whispering against me.
They are plotting together to kill me.
11 They say, “God has abandoned him.
Let’s go and get him,
for no one will help him now.”

12 O God, don’t stay away.
My God, please hurry to help me.
13 Bring disgrace and destruction on my accusers.
Humiliate and shame those who want to harm me.
14 But I will keep on hoping for your help;
I will praise you more and more.
15 I will tell everyone about your righteousness.
All day long I will proclaim your saving power,
though I am not skilled with words.[a]
16 I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord.
I will tell everyone that you alone are just.

17 O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood,
and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do.
18 Now that I am old and gray,
do not abandon me, O God.
Let me proclaim your power to this new generation,
your mighty miracles to all who come after me.

19 Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the highest heavens.
You have done such wonderful things.
Who can compare with you, O God?
20 You have allowed me to suffer much hardship,
but you will restore me to life again
and lift me up from the depths of the earth.
21 You will restore me to even greater honor
and comfort me once again.

22 Then I will praise you with music on the harp,
because you are faithful to your promises, O my God.
I will sing praises to you with a lyre,
O Holy One of Israel.
23 I will shout for joy and sing your praises,
for you have ransomed me.
24 I will tell about your righteous deeds
all day long,
for everyone who tried to hurt me
has been shamed and humiliated.





2. I couldn't have a more perfect husband for me. He fits me and what I need from a significance other. He is is my best friend and the one that I lean on during the hard times this past year. I love honey! xoxoxo



3. My mom and dad. They have put up with me and been the ones i have run back to when I needed someplace to land. My mom is someone I talk to everyday and i don't know what I would do without her. My Dad is someone who has loved me unconditionally even when I wasn't the nicest person to him in the past.I Love his little calls just to check up on me.I love how he has been forming a special relationship with Alex.


4.My family is a huge part of my support system. Without them I don't know what I would do. I love my family I grew up with and my new family I'm apart of new. Alex's family have welcomed me in to the family with open arms. I am very lucky to have a great family.




5. I couldn't love Lydia and Josh more. I'm so lucky to have formed my own relationship with Josh that had nothing to do with lydi. I grew to know and love Josh when he live with my family when I was 17. My sister is the best sister i could ever wish for. She maybe smaller then me but is very protective of me. She has my back. I miss them so very much.

2 comments:

Lydia said...

I just read this. It made me tear up. Thanks Em. I love you too my little sister!!

I'm sorry you've been on an up and down roller coaster ride. I've been there--maybe not the same exact situations--but you know I've been there. The Psalms have been a comfort to me too.

Keep putting those good things in your head.

Anonymous said...

its so inspiring ..
you are so blessing to have a family..be happy and more happiness to come..
Alaska Fishing

Alaska Fishing