Saturday, July 30, 2011

Good bye to Eddy

Today I sold my car. My car named Eddy. It was a 96 Dodge Stratus that I had a love hate relationship with. I inherited Eddy from my great uncle Ed 5 years ago. I was 19 when this car came into my life. In the past 5 years I have put a lot of miles moving to different states trying to find my place in this world.

It was kind of a bitter sweet thing selling the car finally. I have a lot of memories attached to the car that I really don’t want to be reminded of. Memories of my Ex that are way in the past but sometimes I think about being in the car. Like yesterday I was cleaning out the glove box and found my ex’s pocket knife, CD and card that was to him. That has been just sitting and taking up space for almost 4 years now. But I do have a few good memories as well. The car helped me move to Cali when I was 21 to intern at Disney, I had fun times with friends just driving around and singing to music at the top of our lungs. Good times…

I get very sentimental over things very easily. This car has been a part of my life when I have changed the most. Eddy helped me visit my Husband when we were dating in a long distance relationship. I have now grown up a lot and have found my place where I belong. Eddy has gone to a good home. I’m now ready to move on and drive a new car.

Eddy and I yesterday

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Cute picture Em. Its good to honor those transitions in your life-even if its symbolized by selling an old car and getting a new one. Good for you-for the things you learned and for where you're journey has brought you thus far.

Anonymous said...

http://sexvodnoklassnikah.ru Находим друг друга не выходя из дома, никогда еще знакомства для секса не были столь простымии и удобными, как на сайте ххх одноклассники.