Monday, September 19, 2011

Anniversary weekend




Yesterday, Alex and I celebrated our 2 year wedding anniversary. Alex planned a whole weekend away at the beach for us. I love how he is the only person that can surprise me. We enjoyed ourselves in Santa Cruz in a Luxury King Spa room at the Sea and Sand Inn. We had private patio overlooking ocean, wharf and Beach boardwalk. The room had a great Jacuzzi tub that I have decided will be in my next home (it had colored lighting in the water). It was so great to get away and be with Alex after 6 weeks apart. We got to just be together, relax and enjoy each other's company. On Saturday night, we went out to a fancy dinner at a really great place called Shadowbrook. To get to the restaurant, we had to take a cable car down a steep hill. I wasn’t the biggest fan of that part, but the restaurant I loved. It had a great atmosphere; definitely a romantic place. On Sunday (our anniversary), we went to breakfast at the walnut Avenue CafĂ©. I give this place 5 stars. After that, we looked in some shops and then drove down the coast. I wanted to see what the central California coast looked like. We had lunch in Monterey and then headed home. I have decided that Capitola is my favorite beach so far, it reminds me of Canon beach in Oregon. Alex couldn’t believe how many people were at the beach just laying around and playing in the water. I kept telling him that is what people do at the beach in Cali. ha ha ha … It was a great Anniversary weekend.

The view from our room

My dress that I got for our special night out

I love the back










2 comments:

Julie Ann Duris said...

Alex has a special way about him to create these great little anniversary vacations.
So glad you were able to get away from the busy-ness of your move for a few days of R&R.
I want to go back to Capitola...maybe we'll go together.

Lydia said...

Yeah, Alex and Emily adventures! Did you get the black shoes for the dress-it looks great on you!