Thursday, August 9, 2012

Our adventure back to the NW




     Over the past few years Alex and I have had many adventures. In Alex’s marriage proposal he talked about different stages and adventures that we would have in our life together.  And let me tell you we have had out share of difficult and wonderful adventures. 
A year ago Alex and I started on a new adventure by moving to Silicon Valley (about an hour south of San Francisco).  It was exciting and scary and very much out of our comfort zone.  I had never been to the area until I moved down so I really didn’t know what to expect.  Silicon Valley is a great place. The weather is perfect here.  The seasons are very mild and the sun is always shining. We have met some wonderful people here. Alex’s job is great and he has learned so much.  But we are homesick.  We miss our families and friends so much.  So we have decided to move to Seattle! The decision to move back was not an easy one.  But we now feel like it is the right thing for us, although it is very bitter sweet for us.  We are excited for some great opportunities waiting for us in Seattle.  We are so excited for the great new adventure. On Aug. 18th we will be on our way to the Evergreen State!  Right now I’m trying to soak up as much sunshine because I know there’s not going to be very much sun in Seattle.
                            Sunshine and moving trucks,
                                                               Emily

No comments: