Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Bun in the oven

I’M HAVING A BABY!

I know in my post from yesterday I talked a little bit about it but this topic deserves its own blog post.

On October 13th we found out that we were pregnant. I had thought I was pregnant for a few days but Alex made me wait till the weekend to test so he could be with me. Boy, oh boy, was I pregnant too. The test turned positive as soon as I put it on the counter. A part of me wasn't expecting it to  be positive just because I was convinced I had been pregnant several times before. I just stared at the test trying to figure out that two lines really meant I was pregnant. I had so many mix emotions. We were both happy but in total shock at the same time.  

        The next week I was at my parents house to visit and I couldn't tell them. It was so hard! Alex and I agreed we would wait to tell anyone till at least our first appointment with the obstetrician.  My first appointment was Nov. 5th and I thought I was just shy of 9 weeks. I was still in stock and was very anxious about the whole thing. We got the ultrasound and found out I wasn’t as far along as we thought and I was really 7 weeks and 3 days.  So Baby was just a little bean in the ultrasound. But it was amazing to see that I really had a baby in my belly. Our due date is June 22nd 2013.
  At 9 weeks we decided to start telling a few friends and family members. First we told Alex’s mom who, of course, was excited to hear her 7th grandbaby was on the way.  Then we told Alex’s sister who is also expecting a baby any day now. But my favorite was telling my parents. This is their first grandchild. I knew we had to tell them in a special way.
My dad’s birthday is a few days after my due date so we decided to get a birthday card with the only words in it “Happy birthday Grandpa” Alex took a video of it.

 
My parents are so excited about the baby. The more we started telling people the more excited I was getting.
Last week I got to hear the heartbeat for the first time. It’s the most beautiful sound in the world. I’m already so in love with this little one. I have loved and been praying for my baby since he/she was just a twinkle in my eye. I am 15 weeks and 5 days today. I’m starting to get a little energy back. This afternoon as I was resting on my bed I think I felt the baby kick for the first time! It felt like a bubble popping in my tummy. Does that sound about right to the moms out there? I can’t wait to start feeling it more and for Alex to feel it.

Life is pretty good right now. My dream is finally coming true. I was never someone who wanted to be a  career woman. All I ever wanted was to be a wife and a mom. Now it’s coming true.


13 weeks I think I was a little bloated 

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Very cool to see the video!

Unknown said...

Do I say congrats?