![]() |
| The last sunset of 2012 |
Last January, Alex’s grandmother lost her two and half year battle with cancer. I’m happy that she died peacefully with her seven children around her. Sadly, this was the last time all seven sibling would all be together. In June, Alex’s aunt Crystal passed away from cancer as well. She was such a lovely person. When Crystal died, I couldn't help but be so mad at cancer. This horrible disease took two family members in six months; two women who were so lovely. Over the past few years, Alex and I have had our share of deaths among our families. It’s been rough.
We had some wonderful times living in the bay area. I tried to take advantage of the beautiful weather as much as I could. I loved sitting by the pool and getting some vitamin D. We took a few trips down to So cal to see Lydi and Josh and some trips to the beach. I LOVE the beach in California. It was fun to having friends and family come down to visit as well.
In the summer, we moved back to the northwest to live closer to family. Alex gets to work at company that he is passionate about and just loves Seattle. It’s taking me a little longer to adjust back to the weather. A couple months after moving up, I found out I was pregnant. With the pregnancy came a lack of stamina, which made it harder for me to socialize. It’s been so hard for me because I haven't made any friends yet. For about the first month I knew I was pregnant, I was in shock. I was happy about it, but it’s just a huge change. Once we started telling people, I got more excited about the baby. Now, I’m so excited about the baby I feel like I can’t hardly contain it at times. I’m feeling so much better now that I'm in my second trimester. Plus, I’m starting to get a baby bump.
In 2013, we are welcoming 3 little ones into the Family. Alex’s sister is due the first week of January with a little girl. Alex and I are due on June 22nd. Alex’s cousin is due June 26th. We are so excited to meet all of these precious little ones.
Alex and I are looking forward to a few things for this next year. First, we are going to Hawaii to visit my aunt, uncle and cousins for a week. Welcoming our Baby into our family in June and experiencing parenthood, of course. And, eventually moving into a bigger place. This is going to be a wonderful year!
I hope all of you have a wonderful 2013
Emily

3 comments:
Happy New Year dear sister! I'm so excited to meet my niece or nephew!!
Add one more family baby, Joel and Bev's little girl due late March/early April. Lots of joy.I know you will make a friend!
I know that 'I'm so excited I can hardly contain it' feeling. I had it when I was expecting both you and Lydi. It's a joy now to watch you experience this time in your life.
Post a Comment