Thursday, February 28, 2013

23 weeks



23 week and 5 day baby bump
This week I’m posting this blog a little late for my 23 week update because I will be 24 weeks in 2 days. Not much is new in my pregnancy. I’m getting bigger.  I have had a few Braxton Hicks contractions and now I can see baby boy kick from the outside. My bad dizzy spells have been getting better and I seem to be waking up earlier and earlier every day.

Last night Alex and I registered at Target and this weekend we will register at “Babies R Us”. We also signed up for a birthing class that is in the beginning of June. Things are slowly moving along to get ready for this little guy.

Yesterday I started to get a little anxious about everything. I’m really excited to meet him and be a mom, but I have this little voice inside that's screaming “AHHHHHHHHH what are you doing?!” and “How in the world am I going to be able to handle this?!”. I know this is a normal thing to happen but I’m really starting to get nervous. In June I will be responsible for keeping this human alive and teaching him how to be a good member of society. No, this isn’t something I’m just now realizing. These feeling come in waves for me. Pretty much my whole first trimester I was extremely anxious. I know that Alex and I will be fine. We have an amazing network of friends and family that will help us raise our son.  

3 comments:

Paul Duris said...

Thanks for the post. You're looking great. This little boy is going to be such a blessing.

Courtney said...

I love the chevron crib sheets! You guys are going to be great parents.

Heidi Borton said...

Hi Emily, you look great. Here is a verse that is a great promise to parents (and grandparents like me). Isaiah 44:3. Love, Heidi