Only 42 more days until the little guy is due! This week, he weighs in between 4.2 pounds and 5.8 pounds and measures 17.2 to 18.7 inches. He enjoys moving around all night long with his little feet and elbows jab me in the ribs. I love it when Alex gets to feel him moving around like crazy. I keep trying to take a video of my belly moving around, but it seems my little guy is camera shy. Hopefully I get a video before he's born.
I have been dealing with lots of pelvic pressure and sore legs and feet. I’m very ready for the baby to be born. I look forward to being able to sleep more comfortably. It’s amazing to me that my belly is as big as it is. I still have 4 to 6 weeks to get even bigger. Over the last week I have had several strangers give me compliments about me being pregnant. It’s always nice to hear things like “You are so cute” and “You just glow”. When I see the number on the scale, I don’t feel so cute. Thank you kind strangers for making me feel good.
![]() |
| My parents, Alex and I |
This past weekend, Alex and I had a baby shower. We called it a pre-birthday party so it would appeal to guys (it was a co-ed shower). It was held in Troutdale at my parents house. The weather was beautiful, so we got to be outside. It was so good to see so many friends and family and celebrate the much anticipated arrival of our little guy. My son is set for clothes for the first 6 months. I don’t even know where to put all of them. He got lots of great stuff at the shower.
With 4-6 weeks till the baby is here, I have been working on getting our tiny apartment ready for him. It currently looks like babies r us threw up in our house. We just don’t have room for all of the stuff. We currently live in a small one bedroom (nearly a studio) with very little storage, so baby’s things are in piles around the house. I’m doing my best to organize it, but organization isn’t my strong point. Lucky, we will be moving in August to a bigger place. But until then, I guess we will have to deal with the mess.
This next week, Alex and I get to tour the birthing center at our hospital. We are also going to a breastfeeding class. Things are slowly coming together. I’m excited for our little man to get here
![]() |
| Me in front of the wonderful spread of goodies at the shower |
![]() |
| Alex and I at the shower |




No comments:
Post a Comment