Monday, June 3, 2013

37 weeks



I have finally made it to 37 weeks! Which means I am full term. Now I have to just have to sit and wait till this baby decides to come. As I write this blog I am sitting in a nail salon getting a pedicure. I decided to pamper my poor swollen feet today. It seems like everything is swollen these days.  My hands have gotten so swollen that my rings no longer fit and I have pregnancy induced carpal tunnel, which makes my hands fall asleep when I lay on my side. Just another fun pregnancy symptom I guess.
At my doctor appointment a few days ago I found out baby is doing great and I'm progressing nicely to have my baby. I have started to have some pretty painful contractions. They aren't close together, but they definitely take my breath away. I'm ready for this little guy to come.  I have been walking as much as I can to encourage him to come.
Over the weekend Alex got a portable AC unit for the apartment! Our apartment gets so warm since it's on the 6th floor even when it's not very hot out. Alex just wanted to make sure that the baby and I were comfortable this summer. I had been very nervous about having the baby in a really hot apartment. Now we will be  nice and cool and I can focus on taking care of my baby.
Now I'm heading home to put my feet up and maybe take a nap. I'm trying to enjoy these last  few quiet restful days/weeks  before my little man is in my life.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Yeah, just enjoy and rest for now-that sounds good.