Monday, January 6, 2014

2014 Goals


As we are in the first week of the new year it makes me think about the goals I have for this next year. I really feel like this will be a wonderful year.
• I hope that this year Alex and I can make some really good friendships with families who also have young children. We have lived in Washington for a year and a half now and really don't have many friends. None of them have young children. We miss having close friends that live close to us. We miss our Oregon and California friends dearly. This month Alex and I are going to start volunteering at our church. I am going to work in the nursery in Elliott's age range and Alex will run cameras.  By doing this we hope to make some great connections.
•  I need to work on how much I check Facebook,Instagram,Pinterest etc. When I'm out with people  I need to enjoy the people I'm with and not the ones online.
• I need to be healthier. I know this is a very typical goal but I really need to start eating better and getting back in shape. Post pregnancy I was doing really well with my eating habits and working out. Once I got pregnant it went downhill fast. Currently I am at my pre pregnancy weight. I just really need to tone up. My core needs to be strong again so my back doesn't hurt so bad.
• I want to make photo albums for 2009 through now. This is something I have wanted to this for years. I just need to get it done before another year goes by.
• I also would like to go on trip to some place I've never been before. We don’t even have to go very far. I haven’t really ever been to the Washington coast or further north than Everett. I want to make some great family memories.  

I really feel like I have put together some very attainable list for this year. Basically this year I want to make new and better connections with people. I want to live healthier and be good example for Elliott.  

No comments: