Friday, May 9, 2008

Disney!!

I wanted to share a few fun facts about Disney Cast members Because as you all know I will be one in a few weeks.


1.Disney does not have employees, only Cast Members.

2.Main Street cast members were NOT ALLOWED to leave our land except for a few exceptions. Each cast member is to stay in their land as to not effect the "magical" perspective of the guests.

3.No Disney Cast member at the Disney reservation center has the same name. If there are more then two with the same then they are given a name.

4.Each Cast Member is to "never point". Each Cast Member when, asked a question, such as,"where's the restrooms?" is supposed to use an open palmed directional. Never pointing with one finger.

5.Next time you see a Disney Cast Member looking bored, frustrated, mad, etc., try this. Make eye contact, put your index finger and thumb together, pull the top of your head up from an imaginary string, and smile sheepishly. Chances are their attitude will change, at least until you're out of sight. You might not want to know any more beyond that . This is a stupid little signal that Cast Members and undercover orientees are supposed to give each other when someone is not being what I like to call "Too Cute to Live!"

6.Cast Member IDs double as time cards, thanks to a bar code on the back. Cast Members clock in at Wardrobe in the back of the park.

7.Steve Martin was a former cast member, working in the Magic Shop, which used to be located just past the castle, where the Villains store was later located.

8.In addition to strict height requirements, all Disney characters (face and mask) are given guidelines for "autographs" so each autograph resembles the same one written by your predecessor a few years ago. Actors come in all shapes and sizes, but a name is a name!

9.On the last day of orientation, new Cast Members are told to go out into the park and "test" working Cast Members. They look at attitudes, ask good questions.

10.Dress codes for women
  • One watch
  • One ring
  • No bracelets
  • Earrings no larger than a nickle (They actually measure!)
  • Hair - "dyed" only one color
  • Pantyhose - only flesh tone
  • Fingernails - no paint, not longer than [a certain length]
  • Make-up - Mascara, blush, lipstick only -- NO eye shadow or eye liner (she said they "teach" you how to wear your make-up anyway).



I also wanted people to know I may move 5 days earlier then planned. Housing came available for the interns. So I turned in my interest form for the apartment. They are really nice and brand new. I don't know if I got one yet. I should know soon and I will let you know .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey..
i happened to come across ur blog through blog-hopping.. lol..
anyway, i'm 21 years old too.. halfway across the world from where u r..

it's kinda interesting reading what others my age blogged about..

=)

Alissa Leigh said...

Hey Em! I'm excited to hear about your mousecapades! Keep me in the loop on here!

AMY said...

I remember hearing about the "dress code" from one of my friends when they went down to work at Disney. She said it was totally worth it!