Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My trip,Moving in and long trianing days


The way I was planning on writing this blog was to give everyone a detailed account of my trip down and moving in. But I quickly found out I’m not able to do that. The blog would be so long and quite frankly I don’t remember everything. So here is the spark notes version of my trip, moving in and my first few days of training.

I have now been living in So Cal for one week and I love it. But the 2 days it took to get down here was full of little detours. On Monday the 19th we were going to leave around 9 am but wasn’t able too because we weren't prepared to leave.We finally got off at about 11. Then on the way down we stopped in Eugene for lunch with my Family and my friend Andrew. It was really good to see everyone and say good-bye. But we had to get back on the road. We stopped for the night in Anderson California outside of Redding. The next morning we when out for breakfast and well……watch the video….

A guy helped us jump my car but we decide to go to a shop to get it looked at. And on the way to the shop we heard rattling under the hood. I was just thrilled at this point. Watch the Video ……..

Well we got on are way and I drove for a bit. But on are trip we were enjoying a book on Mp3. it was Eat Pray Love. It’s really good but I wasn’t able to listen and drive at the same time. It was way too soothing of a book. The author was the one reading it and she just has a very nice voice that makes my want to fall asleep. But yet again I made anther video about 5 hours after my last video. Just watch it…………

About 8:30 at night we got to our hotel. It took 12 hours to get from Redding to Anaheim. The trip normally takes 8 hours. It was a very long day.

On Thursday I finally moved into my apartment and it's a beautiful building. I have 3 roommates. They are Ciara who shares my room with me. Rachel who is a collage program alumni and is here just for the summer. And last but not least is Icy, Who is from Hong Kong. Funny story about her, when we first met her she introduced herself I and thought she said her name was Hi-c and my other roommate said it was icy. So for about a day we weren’t sure what her name was. So we gave her a nickname “Slurps” Because both names are drinks. But she’s really sweet. The next few days were crazy with all kinds of classes and training. Thursday was full of meeting and Saturday and Monday where so long. 8 hours classes both days. But I have learned so much and I’m having so much fun. I do have a new job at Disney and it is Entertainment Costuming.

I also have 2 other friends named Erika and Mia. They live down the hall. They are really nice.

Right now I’m pretty much trying to adjust to being complete on my own. But I think everything is going really well. I can’t wait till people come visit me. I can give you a tour of Disneyland or DLR (thats what we call it as a cast member). Oh and I have already seen some scary parts of Disney..... Bo's head just sitting on a cart and one of my friend saw mickey with his head off and swearing at everyone. Weird




Disney from my apartment....

Mia and I

No comments: