Thursday, September 20, 2007

Moving



The day had finally come for me to move to Nevada. I got up at 5:15 got last minute things packed and ate a little breakfast. I didn’t know how I was going to react to me leaving home, But I did a lot better then I thought I would. I hugged my mom and dad good-bye and Caleb I were off by 6:15. Of course the day I leave it is cold and raining, I think it was Oregon saying good-bye to me. So it was nice seeing a little rain. It took forever to get out of Portland. Because we hit rush hour traffic.

Caleb drove the whole time so it let me sleep. Once we took the cut off at Eugene to go the Klamath Falls we had to slow way down. The roads were slick and curvy. But we made it to Klamath Just fine. We got gas and lunch in there and were on are way.

We made really good time till we got to the loneliest highway. I have never seen a car on the highway and we hit roadwork. Plus I counted 20 cars. It was really weird. The part that made me mad was when we had to stop for the roadwork we had to wait 15 minutes. We were the only car waiting on either side and they weren’t doing any work. They were taking advantage of their stop sigh powers. So after we got thought the roadwork we got to make up time by going fast. Don’t worry we only got to like 80. We got into Fallon around 5:30 and went straight to Caleb house.

I’m staying at Caleb’s house till I find a place. Caleb’s gave me his room and he is sleeping on the couch. The house is a total bachelor pad so it’s a little smelly on Caleb and his brother side of the house. The first thing I did when I got into Caleb’s room was spray my body spray to try to make it smell a little better. When Caleb brother came home the first thing he said was “ It smells like a girl in here” like it’s a bad thing. Then his dad came in the room and was “What is that smell”. I don’t know about them but I prefer the smell of Coconut lime verbena over dirty socks, But that just my opinion.

I have been trying to get adjusted to living here. I have bad allergies to the sagebrush. So that has made me a little stuffy. Last night Caleb’s sister Shasta came into town. So for the last day she has been running around the house yelling “M&M where are you M&M!” My new name is M&M. I don’t know why, but that is what she wants to call me now. Shasta cracks me up she is the worst back sit driver. Today when we were driving around we stopped at a light and she starts yelling, “ Go dude! Go its Grween!” It’s pretty cute.

today we leave for lake Shasta for the weekend. I’m really excited. But guess the weather isn’t going to be very good. I still can’t wait.

I miss everyone. Hope everyone’s doing well.

NEVADA COWS!!!ON THE SIDE OF THE HIGHWAY

WHAT CAN SEE EVERYDAY

A POTTERY PLACE IN THE MIDDLE OF KNOW WHERE

No comments: